Tuesday 5 June 2007

Springwatch Nightshift




Reality television has gone that one step further. Never mind all those ridiculous reality shows with their equally ridiculous contestants. Ladies, gentleman, boys and girls. B.B.C. 2 brings you reality television from some genuine stars, or should that be 'starlings.' Those nocturnal creatures that we see on screen, have more skill in their little talon than the publicity-seeking humans that crave unwarranted attention.
Indeed, the various wildlife on 'Springwatch Nightshift', give a whole new meaning to 'chick flick.' Just look at 'em. A regular 'who's who' of celebrity owls. Plus other 'boyds' (that's my best New York accent) such as blue tits, great tits (hmmm..leave it klahanie!), swallows, robins, wrens, thrushes and the dreaded buzzard.
Honourable mention must go to that shy, retiring creature, the badger. Pity the poor badger who has to keep apologising for their relatives the 'wannabee' weasels. Now, where oh where is the 'Famous Grouse?'
That's it..now I'm going to make like a bird and 'Flock' off!

6 comments:

  1. Adanac67 - I did just that and how brilliant it was! Did you see the little fox cubs! And the duck, dive bombing the swan - how brave! thanks for the tip off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great watching - altho the little intro bits with Bill Oddie and Kate Humble are rather strange - the idea of being in bed with Bill Oddie - hmmm?! (I don't have the same reservations about Kate Humble). Great post as always - made me smile - pity the poor weasel. Good to see you the other day. Txxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi guys-
    I have missed the last couple of episodes of this thoroughly fascinating show.
    Ducks dive-bombing swans? Not surprised really..they are such 'fowl' creatures. I guess the swan should have ducked.
    Bill Otter and Kate Humblebird sharing the same nest! Well Tone..I don't have any "reservations" regarding Kate. But I'd sure like to make a reservation with her!
    That's it..I'm not the type to be 'mocking'birds...

    ReplyDelete
  4. THANKYOU

    HI ADANAC IT WAS GOOD MEETING YOU AS WELL HOPE YOUR IN GOOD HEALTH AND DOING ALRIGHT KEEP BLOGGLING.THANK'S FOR WELCOMEING ME ABOARD IT'S REALLY GOOD TRYING SOMETHING NEW TO BE INVOLVED IN.

    ReplyDelete
  5. aya,

    i have noticed that black and white thing of little animals scurrying around late at night but to be honest it didn't quite grab me!

    think i'm too used to the whole big brother row's and arguing to be content with the whole cute and furry thing!

    i'll look forward to reading your next post

    purkul
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey purkul-
    The funny thing is that on the so-called, early morning 'live?' version of Big Brother...a lot of the time their voices are bleeped out by the sound of birds!
    Ofcourse, if the birds on Springwatch started speaking in English..that would be quite something. (pigeon English perhaps?)

    ReplyDelete

I do try to comment back to each commenter individually. However, I might have to shorten my replies or give a group thank you. That way, I can spend more time commenting on your blogs. Thank you and peace, my friend.